March 10, 2009

Not sure how this is going to work - But here is a cookbook from the very early 1800's - 1822 to be exact - I love researching old cookbooks - mainly because that is what I believe is how we should be eating today- you can read it here :: It is from American Libraries


The cook's oracle : containing receipts for plain cookery on the most economical plan for private families, also the art of composing the most simple, and most highly finished broths, gravies, soups, sauces, store sauces, and flavoring essences : the quantity of each article is accurately stated by weight and measure, the whole being the result of actual experiments instituted in the kitchen of a physician


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mahnomen, Minnesota, United States
I am a Personal Publishing Consultant with HeritageMakers. I have been taking pictures since I was 10 - with much encouragement from my mom and dad. Making my first Scrap Book / photo book about my baby sister and brother - Contact me to help you Write Your Story - Everybody has one - What is yours??? And Every Story Deserves a Book! Let me help you with that! Contact me for your free Heritage Makers Studio Account and get Started today!

My Blog List

"About.com" via Becky Christensen

Followers